29.5.09

Tyranny of the Urgent

It all comes together at some point.

The bags are packed, the flight info is printed, i've said goodbye, i've accepted all the things i have forgotten, and i'm prepared to stay awake all night with anticipation.

A couple days ago I was not ready and I was quite panicked. A friend, whom Jennifer loves, said to me, "don't get caught up in the tyranny of the urgent." I was so caught up in it last week that I found myself in the middle of panic attacks, some in which i actually lost my lunch.

What would one do without friends I often asked myself? I'd love to post pictures of all my friends here, but I'd probably forget one and then that would be sad.

So, here I am, ready to go to China! and I'm thankful for my friends...

friends who give me quotes to put on my blog
friends who cook me meals when i just don't have the time
friends who listen as i pretend to be a realist
friends who embrace the spastic
friends who call because they are thinking of me
friends who watch my dogs
friends who make sure i keep going
friends who accept my veg ways
friends who trust me with their children
friends who i can sit on the front porch with and say nothing at all, just like that really corny quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog