23.5.09

You May Be Wondering

How in the world I got here? Sometimes, I wonder that too.

For years and years I have dreamed of taking off, going far away, learning a new culture, new language, and letting it change my life. I didn't think it would be in this capacity, but alas, my dream has come true. Well, it will in 8 days, if they can get me on that plane.

It's a miracle story, really.

I had a couple days to decide if I was really going to pursue this and a true miracle happened. My mom called the next day and said she got a random letter from Texas Tomorrow Fund (how my undergraduate work was paid). She asked me to phone them because it was quite suspicious. So I did. This is when the miracle happened.

The woman told me that I had 15 credit hours left on my account.

excuse me, did you just say that i had 15 credit hours left?

I quickly reminded myself that it had been 2 years since I graduated with a bachelors and both my parents and I were pretty sure I used every penny. Where in the world did this 15 hours come from?

Finances was going to be the main reason I didn't go to China, so with this incredible phone call, one day before I had to make a decision, I thought I'd just take the clue and say YES!

I'm so thankful for this once in a lifetime opportunity and truly feel like it is a gift.

Some may say it was serendipitous, I call it a miracle.



2 comments:

  1. I found you and I will be keeping up. Love you sister. Thanks for keeping this blog. Do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen. It was great to see you and Dany last night. Thanks for letting us come over to your place. You 2 are the best. I hope you have the funnest bestest growing experience! I'l be sure to check your updates. Tell China a very warm ni hao for me.

    ReplyDelete

Search My Blog